- Jewelry will remind you some of the happiest moments of your life!In order to keep those memories sparkly we need to learn how to take care of them!
All jewelry precious or not , will naturally tarnish and look dull if proper care have not been taken.Always protect your jewels from knocks, scratches ,chemicals, sunlight and heat/cold to minimize these effects ~ Gold and Rose plated as well as oxidized pieces are sensitive ,avoid contact with perfumes and cleaning products and take off while showering or swimming!
Jewelry Care Instructions
- Remove jewelry when showering or bathing.This is particularly important when on the beach, in the sea and in chlorinated water
- Avoid wearing jewelry when doing physical work such as housekeeping, gardening or exercise.Sweat can oxidize and dull your jewels, also repeated pressure can cause deformation.You can un-round the metal of your ring, which may cause accent stones or loose of your center stone
- Never expose jewelry to household cleaning products, especially harsh chemicals ,highly reactive solutions and cleaners
- Avoid spraying perfume and hairspray on the gemstones or pearls as it jeopardizes the integrity of the material
- Remove jewelry when applying make-up and creams to avoid the residue getting into the texture or gemstone setting.Any residue dulls the shine of your jewels
Cleaning & Shinning Tips
- You can clean most jewelry at home with warm water and drop of liquid dish soap (not detergents) , soak the piece in a bowl of this solution for a few minutes and then gently wash with a soft toothbrush.Towel dry, use always a soft cloth, avoid using paper towels.
- Most gemstones can be suitably cleaned with warm soapy water but there are some gemstones quite delicate and in this case you have to use special products that are safe.I advice cleaning your Precious Stones, the very porous stones such as Turquoise and Emeralds, using an untreated dry soft cloth only.Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean gemstones as they can cause scratching.
- Before storing make sure your jewelry is completely dry.Storing your jewels properly is important.To avoid damage fasten all chains and catches before storing flat.Keep your jewelry in a fabric-lined jewelry case, or in a box with compartments and dividers to prevent pieces from scratching each other.
These are a few tips on keeping your Jewels looking their best for a long time!